With winter around the corner, the demand for LPG is set to increase as people start using hot water for their baths and take out their heaters. Below are some tips on using LPG that will help you prepare and be winter ready:
- Make sure you have an adequate number of cylinders at home before Sui Gas pressure starts to drop
- Check your LPG cylinder and appliances to ensure they are in safe working order and operating at maximum efficiency.
- Keep your cylinders stored in an upright position in a well-ventilated area, never store in an enclosed space.
- Make sure you always have an adequate amount of LPG on hand. If your cylinder feels light, contact your LPG supplier immediately. Remember, deliveries can be delayed during winter season.
- Make sure everyone in your family know what LPG smells like so they can identify a leak. If you ever detect a leak, do not turn on any lights, open flames, or use cell phones in the area. Turn off the regulator, evacuate the area and contact the fire brigade immediately.